Welcome to Flick’s Instagram toolkit – Our new series where we show you how to use Instagram and answer the most frequently asked questions about the platform’s features. Today, we are going to go through how to add music to your Instagram Stories in order to up your content game, and add another dimension to your Story posts.
How to add Music to Instagram Stories
So, you want to add your favourite track to your Instagram Story and make your content that bit more engaging? Let’s walk through how to do it.
- Open your Instagram profile, and select the ‘+’ button in the top righthand corner to create.
- Select ‘Story’ and either record or upload your selected video/image.
- Once the content is ready, head to the top righthand corner and select the sticker icon, which looks like a square smiley face.
- Select the music option, search for the track you want or explore trending songs, and select the one you want to use.
- Once you’ve selected the track, you can scroll to isolate the section of the track you want to appear on your Story – this can be a maximum of 15 seconds, and a minimum of 5 seconds.
- Select how you want it to appear – either by showing the lyrics to the song, the track album artwork, or just the song name and title.
- Resize and drag the music sticker where you want it on your Story, publish, and voila! You’re done!
We hope your Stories are now not only looking great, but sounding great too! Have any questions on how to use specific features on Instagram? Let us know and we will add them to our new toolkit series. If you want to up your hashtag game, and get your content in front of even more, targeted audiences, just click here or on the banner below.